MillionaireAsia Pte Ltd (Singapore) is pleased to organize The MillionaireAsia Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Summit to be held in Singapore on November 29, 2017.
Emcee Lester Leo is the emcee for this Blockchain and cryptocurrency event.
This will be an Investor Focused Conference on Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology. Rapid advances in digital technology are transforming the financial services landscape and such transformations generate new opportunities for consumers as well as service providers and regulators.
Industries that are set to be disrupted the most by this new technology include:
- Real Estate
- Travel Industry
- Banking and Financial Services
- Entertainment/Music and many more
Even the International Monetary Fund (IMF) is suggesting that banks invest in cryptocurrencies and has urged the fintech industry to provide solutions for consumers related to trust, security, financial services, and privacy in this area.
The combined market capitalization of Cryptocurrencies has skyrocketed from US$18 billion at the start of the year to US$100 billion in July. This threshold break is due largely to Bitcoin which recently hit a record high of over US$6,000 (over SG$8,000) in August 2017 with a market cap of over US$70 billion.
Interest in Blockchain technology and Cryptocurrencies has also spiked.
One of the objectives of the Summit is also to update delegates on the latest in regulatory issues by governments in Cryptocurrencies and to guide corporations and investors about Blockchain technology and how to deal with Cryptocurrencies.
Who Should Attend
• Cryptocurrency Investors and those curious about this space
• Corporations Planning an Initial Coin Offering ( ICO)
• Government officials in charge of Monetary Policy & regulators
• Top Players in the Cryptocurrency Space
• Analysts and Media active in covering Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
• Industries that are disrupted by technology
• Anyone interested to find out more about Blockchain technology and its applications & potential.
• Banking & Financial Associations
Key Event Highlights
• Top-level keynotes
• Solution-based case studies with a focus on learning and building partnerships in the Blockchain space
• Networking lunch, coffee breaks and invite-only post event themed networking dinner and drinks.
• Morning Panel Discussion on “The Future of Money: Can cryptocurreny mainstream into the 5th Asset Class? Key challenges and how to overcome them”
• Afternoon Panel Discussion on “Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs): a passing fad or permanent disruption to the VC market?”
Keynote 1: Jim Rogers
Topic: “What is Going to Happen to Money Now?”
The keynote will be by legendary Wall Street investor Jim Rogers, who is an author, financial commentator, adventurer, and successful international investor. After attending Yale and Oxford University, Rogers co-founded a fund with a portfolio that would go on to gain 4200% over the next 10 years, allowing Rogers to retire at age 37. He has been frequently featured in Time, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, The Wall Street Journal, The Financial Times, The Business Times, and many media outlets worldwide. He has also appeared as a regular commentator and columnist in various media and has been a professor at Columbia University.
Keynote Speaker 2 : Dennis Kucinich
Topic: “Government Regulation Dynamics of Emerging Global Markets (including cryptocurrency): how to swiftly put self-regulatory best practices standards into place”
US Congressman Dennis Kucinich (1997-2013) served as chairman of the Government Oversight Subcommittee on Domestic Policy during the 2007-08 financial collapse. As Chair he uncovered and investigated the lapses, failures and illegal activities that led to the sub-prime meltdown, and the lack of oversight by the Federal Reserve and the Securities and Exchange Commission. Congressman Kucinich scrutinized top executives of the US government, Wall Street and the banking industry in his hearings. This puts him in a unique position to talk about governance and internal standards while helping to facilitate a timely conversation within the cryptocurrency and blockchain space.
Event Date, Time and Venue
Date: 29 of November (Wednesday) 2017, Singapore
Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm (followed by VIP networking dinner from 7.00-9.00pm)
Venue: The Fullerton Hotel, 1 Fullerton Square, Singapore 049178